Saturday, February 15, 2014

Inspiration Elevator Reveal

(If you are looking for the Samantha Walker Blog Hop, it is two posts below and the Practical Scrapper's Blog Hop is one post below.)

Photobucket
You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and extend ourselves. You can view all of the challenges our Inspiration Elevator Blog, here. We are thrilled to welcome back Audrey Yeager this month as a guest designer. Audrey recently came into ownership of My Scraps & More online store, and has graciously offered a prize this month! Read on to find out how you could win!
Audreyslogo
Our challenge this month comes from the very talented Michelle Hernandez. Here's how she expressed this month's challenge:
"Inspiration Elevator Challenge February- Phoenix Rising.
I'm going through one of the toughest times of my life right now. Huge changes, dashed expectations, embarrassing set backs- it's all overwhelming, all the time. I have the love and support of my family and my health- so it could be worst but still - it sucks.
My challenge for February:
Tell a story visually or through your journaling that speaks to your greatest challenge and most importantly how you dug yourself out. This should be a celebration of your faith, personal resilience and/or creativity. A story you'd like to tell your kids, grandkids or yourself when things get rough. "

Michelle's challenge sparked something very different for me...I decided to start an art journal...something I have never done before.  I have been inspired by the Inspiration Elevator team and some of their art journaling pages, just never really felt the need to start one.  But with the challenge and some personal things that are going on in my life...I decided it was time to start.  My pages are simple and they really don't compare to some of my team mates work and others that I have seen, but I am happy with them..they are me and my style!  I will turn to this journal often, this year.  My daughter already loves it and wants me to have the whole book completed by the time she goes to college so that she can take it with her...ha!...we shall see!  I now have a place I can write little journaling bits and inspiration to myself...thank you Michelle!

Here is the hop order to continue on;

Cathy Harper (you are here)
Guest designer: Audrey Yeager

And Audrey also has a great sale going on at
 My Scraps and More...she has tons of new products coming in this week and is sharing the code with our Inspiration Elevator fans to save 30% off your entire purchase.  
The code is:  ILOVEMYSCRAP30
The code is good from Friday until Sunday at Midnight!
2/14 to 2/16
Here are some of the new lines she has coming in!  So exciting!
American Crafts Amy Tan Plus One and Dear Lizzy Daydreamer, Crate Paper Oh Darling, Boys Rule, Styleboard, Studio Calico Lemon Lush and Wanderlust; October Afternoon Daily Flash (Snapshots, girl Talk, ALL Boy), Echo Park Mini Themes and Splendid Sunshine; MME Now & Then, Chalk Studio 2, and Record It.
And she ships to Canada..flat rate of $15.95!

We would LOVE to see you take up Michelle's challenge this month, so if you do, please share it at our linkup on the Inspiration Elevator blog.
So, how do you win Audrey's prize? It's simple - leave a comment! Audrey will choose one random comment from one random blog to win the $15 gift certificate to My Scraps & More. Thanks so much, Audrey!

8 comments :

Joanne said...

Your art journaling is simply beautiful! How brave of you to start one - I still haven't taken the plunge! And what a wonderful idea to make it a book of inspiration for yourself (and your daughter!) :)
Joanne xo

Ann said...

What a pretty book cover and first page you have created - such lovely papers and sentiments! How cool that your daughter is inspired by it, too!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! Can I get in line behind your daughter!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wendipooh13 said...

what a cool book!!!!! looks amazing!!!

LisaM said...

What an amazing art journaling book!

Michelle Hernandez said...

That. is. AWESOOOME! I used to think the biggest validation was getting a lot of comments on my scrap blog. NOPE! :) It was hearing my kiddo say I'm a scrabooker just like Mama. Beautiful first page- the art journal should definitely reflect your personality and or current design ideas so this is a GREAT start! Thank YOU- I think you just paid me a great compliment.

Audrey Yeager said...

This is SO SO beautiful!!!! I love that first page and all the different elements on it! I hope that you find art journaling as a different type of creative outlet to get your mojo going!

Back to Top