Sunday, November 4, 2007

An Adorable Diaper Cake for Tabi


Wanted to share these photos of a diaper cake that I made for the prettiest little princess I know, Tababtha. Tabatha was born August 29 and I hosted a shower for her in October and the diaper cake was my center piece and part of my gift for Tabi.

The cake had over 125 diapers rolled into a three tier cake, held together with low tack painter's tape so that all the diapers are usable. I added a dowel through the middle for stability and placed it on a cake round sprayed with pink glimmer mist. I covered the the layers with baby pink papers, added pink tulle over the top of the diapers, tied it all together with soft pink ribbons and embellished it with prima flowers, buttons, and pink rhinestones. Then topped off with baby girl beanie baby (her Grandma's favorite). The cake was just awesome and everyone thought it was a real cake when they came in the door. Amber (Tabi's mama) refuses to take the cake apart and use the diapers, she wants to save it for Tabi's future tea parties.

I made this little chipboard dress this past week at the store. It is one of Crafty Secrets new additions. So cute, so easy! I just love this company, they have the great products. I fell in love with all their items though a blog I visit all the time This Art that Makes Me Happy. The gal that has this blog, Vicki Chrisman, is an awesome designer for Crafty Secrets, Fancy Pants, Accucut, just to name a few.

Okay, back to the dress. I am going to put Tabi's picture with her diaper cake on the inside, the little dress folds open to add photos or you can make it into an album by adding several pages. Very fun!

Sorry, my chipboard dress photos will not upload onto the computer, so I will take new pictures tomorrow and try again. Darn thing!

Hope you all had a fun, creative weekend!




No comments :

Back to Top