Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Christmas Project to share!

Just another easy project to share...
a paper stacked Christmas tree!
I had so much fun making some trees like this last year, that I decided I would make one again this year, with some very special paper.
I adore last year's line from the Girl's Paperie,
Tinsel and Twig.
I didn't have a lot left so I wanted to make it special, the tree was the perfect project.
You can use any type of scallop nesting dies or cut various sizes with your die cutting machine.
I used about 45 scallop circles for this tree, all depends on the the weight of paper.  Last year, I used old patterns and vintage sheet music.  Those take tons of layers, but this awesome paper filled it up nice and easy.
Just crumple a bit, poke a hole and layer onto a bbg skewer.
Mine is spritzed with Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist and sprinkled with glitter and micro beads.  I used an old wooden spool for my base, just hot glued it in, added the snowflake and ribbon.  Done in no time..less than an hour!


 Also sharing this morning's sunrise....crisp, cold and gorgeous!



3 comments :

Rhonda Wood said...

LOVE this tree Cathy and think I will make this the project this year for Morgi and I!!! And WOW amazing sunrise!!

Hugs~R~

Nancy T said...

Your sunrise photo is amazing,so beautiful!!

Lydia said...

Great tree and I love that star in the background too, beautiful!!!

Back to Top