Monday, May 12, 2014

Flower Pot Card with Baggage Claim

Sharing a card that I created for Mother's Day with the gorgeous Baggage Claim collection and a little help from my Silhouette Cameo.  I used a cut file from Lori Whitlock, you can find the file here.

The only thing I did differently with the cut file, was I add another layer behind each flower and a three more leaf cuts. After I cut all the pieces, I inked each and every piece with a coordinating PowderPuff Ink.  I love the soft shadowing effect that this inks give.  The Coral and Caribbean Blue are my favorites.  After I inked all the pieces, I just layered the flower pieces and added a brad.  Once I had the leaves and flowers added, I curled some of the flower pieces with a pencil...just to give them a bit more body!                           

The flowers pull out of the pot and you can add your sentiment to this piece.  I trimmed down a vellum quote from an Itty Bitty Quote box and adhered it with a glue dot hidden by that little heart.  

The quote reads:

Mothers hold their children's hands
for just a little while....
Their hearts forever...




1 comment :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!!!!!

Back to Top